Friday, September 18, 2009

Summer Vacation-Part 1, Cedar City

This summer we did one very big trip. We were gone for 11 days and in the car for most of that because we had so many places and people to visit. It was very long but a great trip. It was nice to get it all in.
Our first stop was Cedar City. We stayed with our really close friends and they took Big B and I on a hike in Zion that involved repelling and swimming through nasty water but it was so much fun. While we were doing that Big B's sister and my friend took the kids up the end of the hike and played in the pools. They had so much fun jumping off rocks and playing with the frogs. This is A with a frog.
C had so much fun playing with the frogs that we lost (they died) two because he wouldn't leave them alone.
B had fun too but of course he spent most of his time eating. (I'm going to need a part time job just to feed this boy!)
After the hike we all spent a little more time jumping off the rocks. Zion is so much fun. I can't believe Big B and I never did much there when we lived so close.
Also while in Cedar we hung out with my "favorite aunt", uncle and their kids. They are so good to us and especially my kids. It was a fun start to our trip.

3 comments:

Kara said...

Nice vacation recap. That was a long trip for you guys. If I were you, I'd want to stay home for long time and not go anywhere! Well, I hope you guys are all doing well and I'm bummed that we're not going to see you and the kids next weekend. Maybe we'll make it out there sometime before this year is over. Brent needs to find a way to bribe Chris to come to CA.

Josh and Megan said...

Looks like a fun trip to me! Did you go? Where are the pictures of you? Glad to see Savannah made the blog! Come back soon!

Amy said...

Ahhh, Good old Southern Utah. Looks like fun.