Sunday, May 1, 2011

Spring Break

For spring break this year we just hung out around home. It was good to have a slow week at home enjoying each other, getting things done and just loving where we live. We headed over to the Discovery Museum to take part in the annual bubble fest. They have a great bubble show and then experiments and bubbles for the kids to play with.
Even with the kids age difference it was a big hit for all!



We also hit Old Town, San Diego. They have redone the Mormon Battalion Museum and it was amazing. The kids had a great time and got very into it. The way they did it made you feel apart of it and kept the kids attention the whole time.


A got chosen to dress up like one of the men.


Everyone found gold!

There was also a place to wash clothes, get water, and make bricks. The kids want to take Big B back, so we'll going again soon. Spring break was a great break for the kids and even a better break for me.

1 comment:

Kara said...

I'm glad the kids finally got to pan for gold! Wasn't that something you really wanted to do in SD and we never did? I'm also glad you had such a fun time in San Fran with your Mom and sisters. I'm jealous, I think we need to do something with all the Mathews girls! Don't know how we'll ever make that happen, but it should! I don't have sisters on my side that I could ever do that with. Those desserts look DIVINE!