Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Rainy Day!!

 We had a much needed rainy day! The beginning of the day wasn't so rainy and I was just hoping it would start to down pour so football practice would get cancelled. Well, it started to pour and practice was cancelled!! You see I had been in a very bad mood for several days. Feeling very tired, overwhelmed, and felt like the kids were not listening or helping like the should, etc., etc, etc. So I really needed this rainy day to recharge. We all changed into our pj's, did homework, cooked, baked, listen to music and played together. Something that never happens because we are always  running twenty directions at once.
 A was still going to go to swim because swim only gets cancelled if there is thunder or lightning. I almost kept her home because things were going so nice but because I wasn't taking that day I was sending her until I heard the thunder. Yay...she was staying home! She was already in her suit when it started to down pour so she ran in the rain.
The other kids ended up joining her and getting soaked in their pj's. B had his boat from the rain gutter regatta for scouts so they did a little boat race in the gutters. It was such a fun afternoon/night. Something I needed very badly! 

No comments: