Saturday, October 9, 2010

My Birthday...The Amazing Race

For my actually birthday I got to travel home from our big trip by my self with 4 kids. 2 hour car ride and then a 2 hour plane ride. We made it but not that great of a birthday. So Big B and I decided to put on the Amazing Race for our friends to celebrate my birthday. We LOVE this show and I thought we did a great job putting it on. We started at our house and gave them a clue to their next destination.
Their clue took them to a dance studio where they had to learn a dance and perform it to get the next clue. It was very fun to watch them try and get it.
The next clue took them to my parents house where they had to blend up some real yummy things and drink their mixture before getting the next clue. They had to randomly pick out a fruit, a veggie, and a liquid. Some weren't so bad but others pretty nasty.
The next clue took them to the harbor where they could choose to jet ski or kayak. Most picked kayaks. They had to go out into the harbor and find their next clue or jet ski out into the ocean and find their clue. The next clue took them to a beach that had 224 stairs that led you to the beach. They had to count the stairs correctly to get their next clue.
The final clue led them to BJ's, the best place to eat. It was a wonderful time and I really hope to do it again. My brother made the clues and they looked so real. We had several people ask us if we were the real show. We had a blast. Turning 30 wasn't so bad!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Lindsay, we are now officially the same age. For only 6 more months though...wah! This party looks like so much fun, that is such a great idea, I may just have to steal it for a birthday party for James sometime.

The Mayer Family said...

can't believe I missed it! Glad you had a great b-day!! I got your phone message a few weeks back-I will make time to call you soon-you know how it is! Miss you guys!