Saturday, October 9, 2010

Summer Trip to the Cabin

Just 2 days after getting home from our big reunion trip I took the kids and went to the cabin. I didn't know if I could handle that much traveling but we love the cabin so we just had to do it. Even though we had just seen them we had Big B's sister and her husband come up for some s'mores.
This time we spent a lot of time on the river behind the cabin. The kids made a dam and called it their swimming pool.

Big B and I really wanted to float a river on our trip and never did but I came up with this for the kids. All the kids loved it, even D. A and B would go pretty far down the river and I would run along the bank and then pull them in.
We also headed up to the lake a few times to use the kayaks. We had a race around the lake and the kids would hold onto the back and get dragged around. Good times!
Big B did come up just for the weekend. It was nice to relax and enjoy more outdoors. Living where we do you can never have enough wilderness.

No comments: