Monday, June 20, 2011

1/2 Marathon

Since the beginning of the year I have doing more running and really getting into it. I decided it was time to put all my running to use so I signed up for a 1/2 marathon. Somehow I was able to convince my sister in law to do it with me.
I had a friend running it to. She is faster then me but it was nice to have her help us figure things out at the beginning of the race and then be there at the end to cheer me on.

Big B brought the kids and found me on the course to cheer me on. A and B tried running with me for a little. The course had lots of hills and ended with one but it was still a fun race and I did it in 2 hours 54 seconds. I really wanted to do it under 2 hours but the hill at the end did me in. Now that I have that under my belt a full marathon is in my future.

1 comment:

James and Katrina said...

Good job! I'm happy to run just a 5K. You go girl!