Friday, June 15, 2012

Versailles

First I need to apologize for how many parts there are going to be for this trip but since I print the blog and use it as our memory book I don't want to leave anything out.
 Big B and I got a chance to get away and go to Europe. We have friends that live in London and thought we should take advantage of their hospitality before they moved back to the states. My mom watched the kids for the first half and we flew Big B's sister and her daughter out for the second half. 
We thought since we were going all that way we would hit Paris before we got to London. Our first stop, once we were in Paris was actually a little outside of Paris at the Palace of Versailles. This picture is what we first saw as we approached the palace.
 The history and also the extravagance was amazing in all the places we saw in Europe. I think Big B and I both really enjoyed learning the history behind all the places. Not just the basic history but the stories of the people that lived there. In halls like the one in this picture there were pictures or should I say paintings of all the important people surrounding the palace.
 Every inch was ornately decorated.
 I can't even imagine painting a ceiling like this one.
This is the front of the palace but inside the gates.

No comments: