Saturday, February 9, 2013

New Years at the Cabin

 We had lots of fun in the snow this year at the cabin. Since I couldn't ski I played outside a lot with the little kids. They could stay out there forever!
 They would drag each other in the sleds, make snow angles, and sled down little hills in the yard.
 D was the ultimate snow bunny! She surprised me with how brave she was and how well she handled the cold.
 Mr. C was sad that he couldn't go skiing the first day but I think he had enough fun at the cabin to make up for it.
 Snow buddies!
 So many girl cousins equals so much fun!
 Snow angle!

 We did a night at Temple Square to see the lights and nativity. It was sooo cold!! We really didn't last long.
 Wish you could see us but we couldn't get everyone to cooperate for another picture.
 Grandma and grandpa kept the 6 oldest kids in Salt Lake over night so they could hear the Tabernacle Choir Sunday morning. This is the gang in the Conference Center. They said the had a fun time even though it doesn't look like it.
 More playing in the snow! When D would get tired from sledding she would say she needed a break and would eat snow. If she was just sledding with me then she would pull her own sled back up the hill.
 The little girls!
 I did one ride in the sled down a tiny hill. Thank goodness my dad had an extra snow suit for me. I didn't even have a jacket that would zip up. 
 One day we found a big sledding hill and the older kids and dads went crazy. They made jumps and did all sorts of crazy things.
 They took a break to play Risk. This was the game of choice this trip.
 Then they were back at the big sledding hill.
 For New Years we had fireworks. Big B and my pyro brother were outside while we watched from the warm cabin.
 It was a lot cheaper to rent one big 15 passenger van then to rent two mini vans. Only once did we fill the van all the way up. We went to Solider Hollow to go tubing.
 Man was it cold but that didn't stop anyone! They had so much fun!
This little girl never even had to get out of the tube because Big B just dragged her around. She loved it!! She did cry when she got back in the van and started to defrost.
My pro skiers! B really got good this year and I was told they had a great time skiing together.
 C really did well and will soon be keeping up with A and B. This is them waiting for the van to come pick them up at the end of the day.
So glad to have grandparents to help the kids learn to ski! It was a great experience for C and he can't wait for next year. (I just hope he remembers a little.) 
It was another wonderful trip to the cabin! To have all of my family together was great. Tons of good memories were made!

No comments: